WE ARE THE ECOSEXUALS.
The Earth is our lover. We are madly, passionately, and fiercely in love, and we are grateful for this relationship each and every day. In order to create a more mutual and sustainable relationship with the Earth, we collaborate with nature. We treat the Earth with kindness, respect and affection.
We discussed a number of current strategies in the "state of the art" /
- culture-led urban regeneration opportunities, post disaster, and/or towards unpredictable climate events. e.g. Christchurch: FESTA; ministry of awesome; Gapfillers all use participatory engagement, civic innovation to reclaim and explore the rebuild. Can they generate the support, financial and political, to get beyond the ephemeral event towards revising infrastructure?
- Biophilic cities initiate: enlisting mayors to create campaign and development platform
- MONA, like MASSMoCA, massive cultural institutions that create economic development but more importantly put a place on the map. creates a destination. GASP, while part of the MONA-effect is exemplary of culture-led waterfront development
- "the spectacle of adaptation": how birds, and other nonhumans are adapting to urban environments. Look for examples and continue to take photos of budding, flowering or interactions bt pollinator/plant or any natural phenomena in the city that captures your attention.
- Ecosexuality: an inclusive framing that outs us, any of us who take any sensual pleasure in nature, as ecosexuals. (cf identify politics)
- these engagement strategies were discussed in contrast with the legal, legislative and policy strategies that dominate the environmental imagination; that culturally "suing deep pockets" is not the only and maybe not to appropriate way to focus on many current environmental challenges; how soul deadening environmental law can be/is.