This week we will discuss how to represent social movements using the example of Barrez-vous | Facebook and the youthonomics of Felix Marquadt/ Might this project reorient political energy on youth concerns? Would you move to another country to work for a year or several after graduating? What would you like to see covered in the index that would make international cities attractive to you?
- High Noon: 20 Global Problems, 20 Years To Solve Them
- Introduction to Visualization: the politics and perils of charts, images and dynamic graphics.
- Selection from Byfield manuscript
- Review visualization strategies.
- Identify visual representations of quantitative and social phenomena.
Discussion: what are the proxies for the common good. Networks for review:
- feraltrade.org : the trade of goods through social networks
- ourgoods.org : barter networks for the creative production
Intel Galileo and Intel Edison and the construction of a Maker Community:
- Please watch campaign video
Please identify “maker projects” of interest to you.